St. Charles Kitchen Remodel
Having lived in their St. Charles home for over 35 years, this couple’s kitchen remodel began when their existing cooktop broke and was unrepairable / unreplaceable due to its age and size. The kitchen was very small and had very little counter space or storage, and the adjoining breakfast area was almost completely cut off from the rest of the space. To improve the flow, we flip-flopped the kitchen and eating spaces (eliminating the peninsula and double wall oven) to create one new open room. This also provided a focal point from the family room. To make the new white and grey kitchen look larger and provide more storage, we removed the soffit and ran the new cabinetry all the way up to the ceiling. While the breakfast room was eliminated as part of this remodel, these empty nesters find more than enough space to share meals at their beautiful new island. And when the whole family comes for dinner, there’s ample room for kids and grandkids in the home’s dining room.
Kitchen Remodel Features
- Kitchenmaid® stainless steel appliances
- Cambria® quartz countertops in complimentary colors
- 2×2″ arctic grey beveled mosaic stone tile backsplash
- 6×24″ porcelain tile flooring which resembles distressed wood
- Raised-panel maple species cabinetry in an Irish cream designer finish
- Layered lighting including recessed can lights, under-cabinet lights, and focal point pendant lights at the island
If you would like to remodel your kitchen, contact Liston Design Build at 636-940-9417.