Top Kitchen Remodeling Trends 2015
As we close out another year, many of us look forward to the rejuvenating possibilities and fresh starts that a New Year presents. Have you hosted holiday gatherings and dreamed of making some changes to your home? According to the National Association of Home Builders, remodeling is at an all-time high, and it’s anticipated that it will only continue to grow. So, with that in mind, here are our Top 10 home remodeling trends for 2015:
- Cabinets. The trend is definitely fresh and simple cabinets with a modern look and feel.
- Countertops. While natural granite countertops are still a favorite, man-made solid surface quartz countertops continue to gain in popularity. Products such as Cambria and Caesarstone offer multiple colors and patterns and are nonporous and resistant to stains, scratches, and heat.
- Backsplashes. A tile backsplash is almost always a must with new granite or solid surface countertops. The design forecast projects that natural stone tile, mosaics, and glass will continue to be strong in 2015. All adding texture and visual interest to the space.
- Sinks. What about a deep, single bowl sink? It’s definitely trending. While the single bowl is large enough to accommodate pots and pans, people are utilizing fitted strainers and accessories to maintain the benefit a double sink bowl. Stainless steel proves to remain the most popular finish for sinks while satin nickel is the most popular for faucets.
- Color. Shades of grey continue to be the most popular choice. Providing a neutral backdrop, the grey is paired with unexpected accents of hues such as marsala, blues, oranges and greens to make the overall scheme dynamic and vibrant.
- Bathrooms. Homeowners continue to want luxurious spa-like baths including large walk-in tiled showers, free standing therapeutic tubs, double bowl vanities, and separate water closets.
- Flooring. Prefinished wood is still the most desired flooring surface as it offers a durable finish and comes in a variety of designs and textures, making it a popular choice to compliment almost all furnished spaces.
- Universal Design. Homeowners want designed spaces that create a home that is customized to accommodate everyone living in it. This includes kitchen and bath upgrades to increase functionality and planning for the future, including the possibility of having an aging parent residing in your home.
- Green Homes. In 2015, homeowners will opt for a living space that is free of toxins and chemicals and is more energy conscious, which is reflected in the move towards energy-efficient appliances, building products, materials, and designs.
- Outdoor Living. Growing emphasis continues to be placed on outdoor spaces including outdoor fireplaces, livable screened porches, and luxurious grilling, eating and socializing areas.
So, are you ready to fall in love with your home again? We at Liston Design Build are ready to help you design your new space. Just give us a call at 636-940-9417.